Tuesday, October 2, 2007

asldkfneoghna

Sorry, no clever title this week. It's laundry time again...let me tell you, white uniform shirts for a preschool teacher are not practical in the least. The bottle says finger paint is washable (same with playdough and glue)but it's all just lies, lies, lies! This week is going to be another crazy one, I can tell. We got 2 new students yesterday and 3 new ones today. One of them is a little Japanese girl who yesterday at lunch started screaming for her mom so hard that she almost made herself sick and I had to take her out of the classroom and try to calm her down. She finally wore herself out and fell asleep on me and so I waited until her mom came to pick her up. By the time she came my lunch break was almost over. And the episode was repeated today. I wonder how long it will take until she gets over it. And also 3 of the new ones hardly speak English which is always exciting. One good thing that is happening is that my hardest child is actually starting to behave better. She was always hitting people (including the teachers) and totally defying every single thing I said. I tried talking to her, time-outs, taking away privileges, all I could think of and nothing seemed to be working. But lately it seems to be sinking in. So far this week she's only made like 4 kids cry (a huge improvement actually), and I only have to ask her 5 times to do something. So hopefully that continues. It is so frustrating though sometimes! If if weren't for weekends I don't know what I'd do!

I have two exciting announcements! The first is that MY PHONE IS WORKING!!!!!!
The second is that Saipan is getting a Taco Bell :)

Saipanism of the Day
If someone is gone from Saipan for vacation or whatever, they are "off-island." So if someone's like "Dude, where's Jose?" you can go "He's like, off-island for the week, man"

3 comments:

Ronda said...

So...when do I get to have your phone number? Did you get internet set up too? This is very exciting! Almost as exciting as Saipan getting a Taco Bell! Love you and miss you! Mom

Raleigh said...

Hey Riki, Glad you have a phone. Hopefully that will make it easier to shoot us some pictures! Can't wait to see you at New Years. I can't believe how many of the hotels have their rooms sold out! Saipan must be a popular New Year's spot. Love, Daddy

Bev said...

haha love your little saipanism of the day. Praying for you and patience with those screaming kids! You are a trooper! Oh and hooray for Taco bell!