Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I saw a sea turtle!

This last weekend was cool because it was our staff retreat. We spent Friday night at this little monastery-like called the Maturana House of Prayer, nuns even live there. It was really low-key and relaxing, and it also was a really bonding and spiritually uplifting experience (cheesy moment sorry, but it's true :) ) Saturday night we had a baby shower for two families in our church and afterward I went to the theater for the first time here and a bunch of us saw the Nanny Diaries, which was kind of cheesy but still good. Sunday was the best day ever, I went diving for the first time here! It was so cool! We saw tons of beautiful fish and coral and crabs and shells and even a sea turtle! I got actually fairly close to it! I was really excited the whole time as you can tell by the exclaimation marks!!!! After diving, Missy, Eva, Amy and I went to the house of some of our diving friends and it was absolutely beautiful! It had an amazing view and a pool and a beautiful design. They also had a new puppy! Speaking of animals, I found a home for the orange kitten. It was sad to give him away but I am really glad he found a good home. I feel sorry for the other one, he's all alone now with no prospects so far...

This week so far has been a little tough, but what's good is that I think I'm getting a 'second wind' with my job. I've never regretted taking it, but I was feeling a little overwhelmed and burned out for a while. I'm making more of an effort to be positive no matter what and I am finding myself really enjoying my kids more.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about all my friends and family, I think about you guys a lot! Thanks for the messages and of course the prayers!

Saipanism of the Day: zories-flip flops

3 comments:

Bev said...

Happy that you saw a turtle on your first dive! Looking forward to more adventures with you =) Great job btw.

Otty and Bella. said...

That's SOOO cool!!! I LOVE sea turtles.
I miss you and think about you lots! Thanks for the blogs. :-)

Sean said...

You're doing great, Riki. Keep up the good work!