Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Absolutely Adore Weekends!

Yay for weekends, especially long ones! We didn't have school on Monday so it was a long and glorious weekend after a long week. It rained almost every day last week so my kids couldn't go outside for recess. They were going crazy (actually they were driving US crazy)! Eva and I finally decided that we could not live with three cats any longer so we moved them out of the apartment and into the back room of the preschool. Sadly, the littlest one (we named him Foxy) died yesterday. He just wasn't growing like the other two and he stopped eating and stuff. I tried to force feed him for a while but I decided to just let him go because he was in a lot of pain and it was too much work. Oh well, we still have two and they are super cute (still a lot of work though). We are trying to find homes for them. I hope we can find them soon because I feel bad that we hardly have time to take care of their basic needs let alone spend time with them. Oh well that's what I get for being such a sucker for animals :)

The best part of this week/weekend was that our new teacher Judith arrived. We took her on an island tour on Sabbath and on Sunday I went running with her, Jessica and Mai. After that we picked up trash with a group of people which was actually pretty fun. The rest of the weekend was kind of full of cat work but also I managed to get some snorkeling in. Eva and I discovered this sunken tank-thing pretty close to our apartment and it was full of fish. We saw this huge parrotfish-looking thing, it was about as big around as a volleyball and the length ofs my lower leg, it was beautiful! Last night we ate dinner and watched a movie at the compound. It was kind of a goodbye party for Larene, who was the preschool director last year and was teaching 5-8th grade until Judith got here. She's going back to the Phillipines tomorrow :( We'll miss her! Also, Missy, who was here last year and was in the States for the summer, arrived this morning at 1:30. I really like both her and Judith, actually everyone here is pretty much awesome, it will be a fun year!

6 comments:

Ronda said...

Poor Foxy! That's sad but at least you did what you could. I need to know if you ever got the stuff I sent you right after you left. I don't really want to send anything else unless I know it'll get there. Let me know. Grandma had her surgery today. She's doing ok. Got a phone yet?

marlene said...

Hi Riki, So sorry to hear about the little kitty. That was so sweet of you to take care of the kittys!! I hope the rest of the kittys find really good homes. We have a box here ready to send you!! Is your mouth watering for Fruit Medley? haha. Hope you like it!! We love you, and are praying for you everyday. Marlene

monte said...

I read your blog for the first time. I'm cheering you on and I'll be praying for you real often. God bless you. Monte

Raleigh said...

Hey Riki, I finally got an account so I can post comments. Sorry to here about your kitty saga. Miss you out there on the ski lake. I have had sore arms and a back for a month now.

Minisavage said...

Riki! I'm glad you are having such a fun time. That's cool about the parrotfish. "I eat parrotfish like him for breakfast!" But seriously, they are pretty good breaded in bisquick. Anyways, the cats sound fun ,but I know what you mean about them being a lot of work. The thing I identify with the most is definately the hyper kids. I hate it when it rains during recess! Then they are CRAZY! for the rest of the day,oh wait, maybe that's just all the time... I miss you lots, keep up the blogging!

Eunice Sackett said...

HI, Rik! Its great to hear about all your escapades - what a wonderful experience you are having! I am doing great after my knee surgery - but I'm very glad that I don't have THREE knees! Done with this stuff now! I took a little walk this am - down to the corner and back - pretty good, eh? Everything is relative, huh?
Love you,Honey - pray for you every day!
Grandma E