Friday, February 15, 2008

Much has changed since last I wrote...

So about halfway through January, things started to happen. I don't really know how to explain it but multiple factors were involved and there was drama, and I often found myself stuck in the middle. January 22 I came home from work and my wonderful roommate Eva told me that she was really having a tough time here and that she would probably be leaving. I was of course very shocked and saddened by this news, but she said she would probably still be here for a few weeks. Missy and Amy and I were planning to do special music for church the next day, so after I composed myself I went and knocked on their door to see when they wanted to practice. Missy silently opened the door and pulled me inside. Then she told me that she would be returning home the next Tuesday. Wow. Ouch. Double hit. I totally lost it. My poor eyes.

Anyway that was the start of a very tough but meaningful weekend. We went to church (but we didn't do special music since all three of us were feeling quite emotionally fragile), and then afterwards Amy, Missy, Bev, John and I went to Capricciosa's for lunch. The best part was taking the youth on a hike to Forbidden. It was so much fun! We went to this little underground pool/cave thing and it was so awesome! I couldn't believe I had never been in there before, it was incredible. Here are a few pictures from the hike (there aren't very many because I was too busy having fun to take pictures).


We ended our excursion by having a sunset devotional on Mt. Topachau (I'm still not sure how to spell that), and Missy individually told all the kids that she was leaving. Oh man. Sad.
Afterwards, I went out to crepes with Mai, Jess, Judith, and the Piersons. It was really good because it made me realize that even though 2 of the people with whom I shared much of my life with were leaving, it would be ok because they would all still be here.

Thanks friends!

On Sunday we went diving for the last time all together at Lao Lao. It was a good time as always. Monday was sad knowing that Missy was leaving the next day, and on Tuesday I woke up at 3am to say goodbye. :(

1 comment:

Minisavage said...

It's high time for a new blog Skipper. What's going on in Saipanland?