Saturday, August 11, 2007

Pictures!


So I still don't have internet or a phone at my apartment so this is the first time in about a week that I can be connected to the world! Today is laundry day so we hauled all of our stuff to the laundry place which is conveniently located next to an internet coffee shop type place. This week we have been having meetings and fixing up our classrooms. I can't believe school starts tomorrow! My classroom is all set up but I feel kind of unprepared! But I'm not the head teacher so I guess I didn't really have to make the 'lesson plans' (yes they have those even for preschool). On Tuesday evening I came out of my apartment to discover that the back windshield of our car was totally shattered. The police came and everything (I guess they don't have anything better to do). But it was a pain because we were without a car all week. Yesterday was kind of exciting. I did special music for Sabbath School. It was the first I'd every really sang and played the guitar at the same time so it was...interesting. But oh well. Then after church we had a potluck at the Maycocks' house. Then after that we went on a tour of the island. The five of us new people sat in the back of a pickup truck. It was so much fun! We saw some really cool stuff. Last night it was the school board chairman's (I think) birthday so he had a party at his house with karaoke. It was super fun. I need to start writing my blogs even when I don't have internet so that I can remember everything, because now I can't remember what other things happened this week!
You may notice that this blog is entitled "Pictures." Well as much as I would like to put up pictures, the internet here is super slow and I only have a few more minutes of free internet left so I have to disconnect but I swear I will put up pictures soon!

10 comments:

Ronda said...

So glad to hear something from you! I've been thinking about you all the time wondering what you're doing. Sounds like you're doing great. Miss you tons!

Minisavage said...

Riki! I'm so glad you found my blog, I couldn't find yours for the life of me! I'm happy you are having fun. I miss you tons. I have a picture of us in my room, and I pray for you every day! I'll try to be better about writing you. I have been super busy. School started on Friday for us and I have been very frazzled trying to figure out how to teach! It's BONKERS!! Good luck with the little squirts, I bet they are cute. Post some pics when you get a chance! Love ya!

Ronda said...

I've been reading blogs of the others who are there with you and have actually seen quite a few pictures of you and read about the different things you guys are doing. I can't wait to actually talk to you sometime. I hope you get a phone figured out soon. Love you!

Beth J said...

Hi Riki! I'm already addicted your blog, so keep up the good work. Just wanted you to know I'm one extra person thinking about you and praying for you! And I'm looking forward to some cute little preschooler stories... Beth Johnson:)

Sean said...

I wish I'd made it to Sabbath School in time to hear your debut performance.

I trust there will be other performances in the future though right? :)

Debbie said...

Hi Riki,

Sorry to hear what happened to your car. I am glad you are ok. It sounds like you are having a great time. You are always in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Dear Riki,

Bummer about the car window, but nice to know the police actually follow up on cases the US police find too insignificant to pursue. I am sure you did a wonderful job singing while playing your guitar; I would have loved to hear the number. So, how cool is it to live right on the beach? How distracting is that???? I am interested to read about your teaching experience....yes, lesson plans are a must. As experienced teachers always say, "plan your work and work your plan." This is a sure way to have the students right on target when school is over! Sounds like the school staff is a tight group and will be very supportive of you. I hope all is going well and you will get a phone and internet service very soon.....if I were your mother I would be very anxious to hear your voice!! Hugs, Mrs. Bills

Unknown said...

Dear Riki,

Bummer about the car window, but nice to know the police actually follow up on cases the US police find too insignificant to pursue. I am sure you did a wonderful job singing while playing your guitar; I would have loved to hear the number. So, how cool is it to live right on the beach? How distracting is that???? I am interested to read about your teaching experience....yes, lesson plans are a must. As experienced teachers always say, "plan your work and work your plan." This is a sure way to have the students right on target when school is over! Sounds like the school staff is a tight group and will be very supportive of you. I hope all is going well and you will get a phone and internet service very soon.....if I were your mother I would be very anxious to hear your voice!! Hugs, Mrs. Bills

Ryan said...

Man. I'm glad I finally found your blog so I could get the update on what's going on on your side of the world. I hope teaching is going well for you. Say hi to Maria for me (I have no idea if that's how you spell her name . . . I had a picnic with her and some of my classmates a few weeks back, and it was good times.) Hmmm. Anyway, yeah. Glad to see your blog, and keep the updates comin'!

marlene said...

Hi Riki girl, so happy to find your blog - and we are happy you are getting settled and having fun. We sent a package to K.T. and she was so thrilled. I will try to write to you often, and maybe send you some fruit medley!!haha.